Knights of Solamnia Icecrown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Guides

Go down

General Guides Empty General Guides

Post  Lord Soth Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:51 pm

This is for general Guides. Post em here, Ill clean em up once in a while.
Lord Soth
Lord Soth
Grand Master, High Warrior, Justice, clerist, and lords (aka officer class)

https://kosicecrown.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

General Guides Empty Fishing/Cooking Guide

Post  Lord Soth Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

First, you can level fishing to max fishing anywhere, even a major city, however, its most benifical to level it with cooking.

So in general theres a few guides out there. My preferred method is a little differant to start:
1) Pick up cooking in whatever zone you start in. Buy Water and wheat? to level your cooking to 40.
2) go to darkshore (easiest way is talk to me aka Soth when Im on to log my Lock and summon you to dalaran where you can set your hearth. Then you can take the portals to anywhere you need, Darnassus, Ironforge, Stormwind, Shattrath, Exodar. From Darnassus you pick up the FP, then ride the boat out to Darkshore, pick up the FP there.)
3)Kill striders and Moonkins near Auberdine for aprox 10-15 eggs. you should have the recipee for Spicey Eggs. Buy some spices and cook your eggs to get to 50 cooking.
4)Pick up the first fishing quest from the guy located by the water, right between the fp and the Inn. You can also buy your first fishing pole and bobbles from him.
5)Fish until you finish his quest. Turn it in. you now have your first +fishing item.
6)When your arround 75 fishing.
7) My next step is usually run to merrintil to buy your recipee's and learn fishing from 75-150. However, the boat going from Auberdine now goes to stormwind so Ill have to research how get to merintill the first time w/y a fp.
8)When you hit 150 fishing, Ashenvale has the 150+ Cooking book. its located in the Center, south part of the zone in the building in front of the lake with the elementals.
from there, just google Fishing/Cooking guide Wow Alliance, you'll find some good resources.

Small note: When you get near 300 fishing you should be able to start fishing in the elemental pools out in nagrand in outlands. Fishing for motes can be a little more profitable than trying to find schools of similer level fish.

2nd Small note: It should also be noted that once you reach 150 fishing, if you have the +100 lures, you can participate in the Fishing quest out in booty bay (southern Tip of continent that has Storm wind and Ironforge). This quest rewards you with gold for fish you catch, and a chance to get a Fishing hat, Boots, and a special lure. Deffinetly worth it, however Ive done it arround 30 times with my 19 twink trying to get the hat (a very nice 19 twink hat) and have yet to catch any of the fish required to turn in for the hat. I think they might have changed the skill required to catch those specific ones. Also there are daily fishing quests in Shattrath that give you special recipee's excetra for doing them.

3rd small note: Check out Achievements that can be earned while working your fishing/cooking skills.
Lord Soth
Lord Soth

https://kosicecrown.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum